On Friday, May 10, I once again have the pleasure of co-chairing the Medical Imaging Informatics and Teleradiology (MIIT) conference at Liuna Station in Hamilton, ON.
The program for the 14th annual MIIT meeting is stellar, we have a record number of sponsors, and—thanks to lower registration fees and new group discounts—many people are already signed up to attend.
- AI Strategy of CAR – Roger Tam will enlighten us on the Canadian Association of Radiologists’ strategy for AI.
- Cloud Services for Machine Learning and Analytics – Patrick Kling will reveal how cloud-based solutions can address the challenge of managing large volumes of data.
- Patient-Centered Radiology – Dr. Tessa Cook (@asset25)will provide insight into their progress on this topic at UPenn.
- Collecting Data to Facilitate Change – Dr. Alex Towbin of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital (@CincyKidsRad) will show us how to use data to support change management.
- Panel on the Future of DIRs in Canada – In this interactive session, we will discover what has been accomplished with Diagnostic Imaging Repositories (DIRs) in Ontario, and what’s next. I will moderate a panel with leaders from SWODIN and HDIRS.
- Practical Guide to making AI a Reality – Brad Genereaux (@IntegratorBrad), with broad experience working in hospitals, industry, standards committees, and technology, will help attendees prepare for this new area.
- Healthcare IT Standards – Kevin O’Donnell, a veteran of healthcare standards development and MIIT, will provide an overview of developments within the DICOM and HL7 standards, and IHE.
- ClinicalConnect – Dale Anderson will provide an update on this application (@ClinicalConnect), used by many organizations in the local region.
If you can attend, I am sure you will find the event educational. There are lots of opportunities to interact with our speakers and sponsors. If you are not from the region, you may find a weekend getaway to the nearby Niagara on the Lake wine region enjoyable.
And don’t forget to follow MIIT (@MIIT_Canada) on Twitter!